The NC500 (Noo 2) North Coast 500

The world is a better place today.

Last June Nick Sykes a member of the Chunky Tread Motorcycle Adventure Club arranged a little bimble to Scotland. The infamous NC500 (500 miles around the Scottish coast) has the best scenery in the UK by far.

The Noo as it was called by the 19 people and 18 bikes that joined the crew, was born. It was Nicks 5th June visit in five years. See previous posts about that little adventure.

 As the 2017 version was about to start I had no bike. Disaster....

Its May and I have started to look at potentially NOT going... then a simple post on the Adventure Bike Rider magazine Forum
Within 24 hrs I was offered a 250cc Honda (to small) and then out of the blue Diesel Pete in Newcastle offered his Triumph Tiger. (Just right).

Stunning offer and from a stranger (except via ABR).
Pete stated as I have been on the circuit of helping and advising for some times its the least I can do,

SOOOOO CHUFFED as they say around here.


More later. But watch my Pete roadto manchester facebook page for more.

John O Groats 2016

Comments

Popular Posts